World Water Forum
World Water Forum is organized every three years between World Water Council and a host country, which Indonesia would like to be the host of 2024 World Water Forum. The Forum provides a unique platform where the water community and key decision makers can collaborate and make long-term progress on global water challenges. The Forum brings together participants from all levels and areas, including politics, multilateral institutions, academia, civil society and the private sector, among others. Over the years, the number of people participating in the Forum has grown from a few hundred to tens of thousands, from both the international community and host countries. Building on this momentum, the Council encourages you to join the Forum's efforts and strengthens the ability of the entire world to respond to water related challenges of our times.In collaboration with the World Water Council, Indonesia will organize a World Water Forum on 2024. The World Water Forum shall be a multi- stakeholder event to present the mission, views and achievements of the water community.
The main objectives of the World Water Forum are:
- To raise the importance of water on the political agenda;
- To raise awareness among decision-makers, water and other professionals, the media and the public at large on world water issues of critical concern;
- To support the deepening of discussions towards the resolution of international water issues;
- To provide a platform to exchange views, information and knowledge on current issues and information related to global water;
- To present the knowledge on global water assessment, challenges and potential solutions;
- To generate political commitment for the improvement of water management.
The World Water Forum shall aim as much as possible to bring all stakeholders from various geographical and sectoral backgrounds together for open debate.