Indonesian Rupiah (IDR) is the legal currency in Republic Indonesia.
1 USD = 14,995 IDR / 1 EUR=16,640 IDR / 1 GBP=18,846 IDR (17 th May 2023)
(Source: Bank BNI, click here for more Exchange rate information)
Standard Indonesian is the official language.
The climate of Indonesia is almost entirely tropical. The uniformly warm waters that make up 81% of Indonesia's area ensures that temperatures on land remain fairly constant, with the coastal plains averaging 28 °C, the inland and mountain areas averaging 26 °C, and the higher mountain regions, 23 °C. Temperature varies little from season to season, and Indonesia experiences relatively little change in the length of daylight hours from one season to the next.
The time zone is Greenwich Mean Time +8 hours in Bali. There is no daylight saving.
Government departments and organizations are usually open from 8:00 to 17:00 on weekdays and closed on weekends and public holidays.
Banks are typically open from 8:00 to 15:00 on weekdays, 10:00 to 15:00 on weekend.
Shopping hours vary but shops are typically open from Monday to Sunday, 10:00 to 22:00.
The voltage in Indonesia is 220V, 50Hz, AC. The participants are encouraged to bring a plug adaptor.
Useful Phone Numbers
- Police/General Emergencies: 110 or 112 (From Satellite and Mobile Phones)
- Ambulance and Medical Emergencies: 118 or 119
- Firefighter: 113
- Search and Rescue (BASARNAS): 115
- Natural Disaster Assistance: 129
- Useful Numbers:
- International Phone Number Information: 102
- Local Phone Number Information: 108
- Domestic Call Operator: 100 and 106
- International Call Operators: 101 and 107
- Bureau of Public Communication of the Ministry of Tourism: +62 21 3838899
For more information you can click https://www.indonesia.travel/gb/en/home