The 9th World Water Forum Dakar 2022 will be organised mainly in sites located in the new Urban Pole of Diamniadio. This is a new integrated city about thirty kilometres from the centre of Dakar with conference sites, administrative districts, sports complexes, mixed housing areas, industrial zones, universities and training centres, business areas, etc.
The sites of Diamniado that will host the 9th World Water Forum are mainly the Abdou DIOUF International Conference Centre, Dakar Arena, the Exhibition Centre, etc.
- Thematic sessions: Abdou DIOUF International Conference Centre of Diamniadio (CICAD) for the plenary sessions and the Exhibition Centre of Diamniadio (Dakar Expo) for the sub-sessions;
- Exhibitions (Expo/Fair and Response Route) and B2B meeting spaces and Business Centre: Dakar Expo;
- Installation of the African Village, the Sanitation Village and restaurants under tents and other amenities (health, hygiene, security, toilets, water points, parking, information kiosks and parking areas, etc.) in the vicinity of Dakar Expo and CICAD;
- Press centre (press rooms and conference rooms): CICAD and immediate surroundings (outside) CICAD/ DAKAR EXPO ;
- Opening ceremony: Dakar Arena or CICAD;